Friday 6 April 2018

Quince Paste Perfection



I recently discovered my Grandmother’s quince tree was laded with fruit. It brought back memories of her getting excited about cooked quinces, which I could not see the fascination and just really thought quinces were grouse…ahhh how times have changed. Now … no cheese platter is complete without quince paste!!

It was such a delight to find just how easy it is to make quince paste in the slow cooker. You do need 12 hours at home which is fine if you have a raining day, but who has time to wait around for one of those. So I tired this recipe overnight. 
 I diced 2kg of quinces with skin and placed in the slow cooker at 9pm on low for 9 hours. 







Allow to cool, puree fruit with a stick blender and continue to cook on high for another 2 to 3 hours to thicken up the mixture. Then carefully pour into sterilised jars - VoilĂ !!









No comments: