Tuesday 12 February 2013

Sunday night comfort chicken

A gift from a friend from the foodie paradise that is Tasmania inspired my latest slow cooker dish. A beautifully bottled chutney of tomatoes and capsicum, rich and red, got me cooking!

I'd also bought a lovely lot of mushrooms that week and had half a jar of roasted capsicums that needed to be put to good use. So, I thought I'd make a nice chicken stew to enjoy with a friend for a cosy Sunday night supper.

Here's what went into the preheated slow cooker...

Some diced garlic
A sliced red onion
Three or four diced chicken thigh fillets
Half a jar of roast capsicum
A few handfuls of sliced mushrooms
Three diced fresh tomatoes
The fabulous bottle of chutney
A little hot water from the kettle
Half a packet of French onion soup (or some chicken stock)

I had the slow cooker on for about 7-8 hours and served the stew over fluffy white rice in deep bowls. A great way to end the week - and have a couple of meals ready for the week ahead, too!
















No comments: