Monday 15 April 2013

Wham Bam Chilli Jam!

Chilli jam is that little something extra that can make a dish just right!

I had never made this before, but thought I would give it a go to serve with corn and zucchini fritters, tangy guacamole and sour cream for brunch.

I used about six roughly chopped ripe tomatoes, dried chilli flakes, cayenne pepper, a dash of fish sauce and about a cup of brown sugar. Once I'd stirred all of the ingredients in the slow cooker, I left it on low for about for hours and at the end took the lid off and turned it on high to help it reduce. Ideally, I would have let it reduce for longer to get a thicker, jammier consistency, but what I ended up with was perfect for drizzling on the fritters and was a good balance of salty-sweetness and chilli warmth. Definitely something I will make again!













No comments: